Sunday, April 03, 2011

In The Everglades in Florida on an AirBoat! Hang on Tight!


In the top photo, the people behind us were great and the guy on the right helped three of us into the boat and then he had a horrible time getting in himself. The guy on the left was from Cuba and had an amazing accent and was very nice. We don't meet people from Cuba in the Northwest. I would like to meet Andy Garcia...he used to be one of my favorite actors.
It doesn;t look tough but the boats here are really deep and it takes skill to get in and not fall into the water or break your neck and NO one is there to help you. They just watch you struggle to get in. Getting out was tough too. I watched many people (most) struggle. You have to sign away any rights to sue them when you go on the airboat ride. As a lark, they tell you it is because of the poisonous snakes and the alligators that eat people every year. I think it is that step into the boat myself.

Lots of cool things to see at the Seminole reservation.


So I am going backwards in time because I lost my camea. Lucky for me that Charlotte and Laura took a few photos. The airboat one is the most fun because it was so exciting and you could see alligators all over the place, wonderful water flowers and loads os animals. If I ever get my camera back, you will see loads of photos of the ride. I had always dreamed of seeing the Seminole Indians and that week while visiting Florida Charlotte and Laura made it happen. Very fun and very educational. If you are in the area, don't miss it. This tribe really does alot for their people and the schools and the other things on the reservation are great and spotless. The photos below are some of the samples for the beginning of the Hoity Toity Houses class. The girls didn't get any later photos because they were busy working. I hope to share more later on this wonderful trip and the beautiful area.

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That looks like fun, would love to do that sometime.
I sure hope your camera turns up, I know you would have used a lot of the photos for inspiration in your future quilts.

Debbie

Sewhappy said...

Oh how I wish I was there. The little teasers are great I want to see more, I can't get enough. The tulips from the last post were so amazing, oh like heavenly.

Maree in NC :-) said...

Glad the gators didn't get y'all!

Should we say they ate your camera? ;-)