Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Dear Lord, look at this Dear Jane! Linda Pederson is a wonderful quilt artist


This photo below is of Kathy Woods the machine quilter and Linda Pederson quilter extrodinare and story quilter. :0) Linda can do anything and wonderfully. I bet there isn't anyone else out there with these wonderful colors for the "dear Jane" pattern. My goodness it is wonderful what she does with color and design.









A Barn that is quite wonderful in one of her story quilts (Linda Pederson)

This is Linda's Mother in one of her story quilts. Very darling.

Below is Linda's most recent story quilt. Quite lovely and I want to use this quote in a quilt I am doing for my Mother. She beat me to it. :0)


Linda is one of the finest quilters I have ever seen-she is a fabulous appliquer. So I took some photos of some of her things. They are not nearly as good as with my old camera. Nuts!

Here are the cookies that I keep bragging about on this blog-scroll down on the right-it is Linda Pederson's recipe and they are fab! Wait until you taste one....then go to two, four and six...honestly they are wonderful

---------------------------------------------
Little John the Baptist
Matt..18:4-5
"Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."
Johnny's Mother looked out the window and noticed him "playing church" with their cat.
He had the cat sitting quietly and he was preaching to it. She smiled and went about her work. A while later she heard loud meowing and hissing and ran back to the open window to see Johnny baptizing the cat in a tub of water.
She called out, "Johnny, stop that! The cat is afraid of water!"
Johnny looked up at her and said, "He should have thought about that before he joined my church."

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I always know where to come for inspiration, love the bright colors and the fun appliques. My machine is finally being fixed today, so I can get back to sewing again.

Debbie

Aunt Mary said...

I'm glad you had a good time this weekend. I loved your quilts at the museum. Sorry I missed you at the shop. I had a great couple of days off. Hope to see you soon again. Carrol

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What an awesome blog! I'm inspired all over again!!

Kathy C said...

OMG! That is the best Dear Jane evah! The name of that quilt must be "Dear Jane Loves Cheddar."