Sunday, May 23, 2010

A LAUGH FOR YOU TODAY! Thank You Aunt Bonnie!AND a lovely note from Carol (Sacramento)

A 54 year old woman had a heart attack
and was taken to the hospital.
While on the operating table she had a near death experience.
Seeing God she asked "Is my time up?"
God said, "No, you have another 43 years,
2 months and 8 days to live."
Upon recovery, the woman decided to stay
in the hospital and have a face-lift, liposuction, breast implants
and a tummy tuck. She even had someone come in
and change her hair color and brighten her teeth!
Since she had so much more time to live,
she figured she might as well make the most of it.
After her last operation, she was released from the hospital.

While crossing the street on her way home, she was killed by an ambulance.
Arriving in front of God, she demanded,
"I thought you said I had another 43 years?
Why didn't you pull me from out of the path of the ambulance?"
(You'll love this)

God replied: "I didn't recognize you."
-------------------
My friend Carol Baker wrote me this wonderful note-I had to share it with YOU.

I enjoy Yogi Chai Tea, and the little quotes they print with each teabag. The tag on today's tea reads:
"In order to be remembered, leave nothing behind but goodness." I have such happy memories of tea with my Aunt Edie at her little kitchen table. I miss her terribly. Her manner of speaking was so delightful, positive and fun. So many wonderful stories she shared. Until you reminded me today, I was thinking of her passing as a sad thing and the end of a era. I'm going to do some gardening while the sun shines today and then head out to the store for some lemons, to make lemon curd. She had a lovely herb and rose garden off her kitchen with little winding brick paths which she laid with her own two hands. We would walk out there to pick lemons from her trees. They were the best lemons I've ever enjoyed. All around were blooms from sage and lavender and geraniums. Such a special place. I've decided that it's time to stop feeling sad and instead honor her memory and start new traditions, sharing with neighbors and friends. Paying it forward. Mary Lou, you continually say things that remind me of what is truly most important in life. Hoochy hugs of thanks to you

2 comments:

The little book of Nessie said...

Well, you have given me a laugh with that story Mary Lou! What great memories Carol has, all should be cherished and honoured. Regards, Nessie

WoolenSails said...

That was funny.
I like that saying, it would be nice on a quilt.

Debbie