Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Great examples of what we will be piecing at the Retreat!



So, my retreat starts day after tomorrow. We will be doing a field trip first of all around the Spokane Washington/Coeur d'Alene Idaho region of the world. Lots of fun.
Then Saturday we begin the process of learning Hoochy Mama and making flowers, purses, birds, and other fun things and turning them into awesome quilts. Some girls who are advanced will be doing all kinds of animals and turning their work into story boards for some applique. Sucn fun!
I wanted to comment on the lovely quilts above. A girl sent me these samples along with photos of her darling daughter's wrapped in these quilts. She didn't take a class and she did these from my Hoochy/Flower Power books. Great work and lovely colors! Stay tuned for photos of the girls from all over the US and Canada who are flying in on Thursday. I can't wait to start the fun!

No comments: