Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Kids letters to God and thoughts and prayers for friends

I took these photos of poinsettias when I was stranded in vegas a couple of years ago because of snow storms. Aren't they pretty?
I received this box a couple of years ago with a gift in it and I have saved it ever since. Nice memory from Mel my friend.
It is wonderful how many colors flowers come in isn't it? There are so many things to give thanks for. If your family is feeling well and you are busy doing the regular things for Christmas or another holiday you celebrate with your loved ones, then give thanks because God has blessed you. I have so many friends going through sad times and so it makes me realize that we need to say "yippee, I am so grateful to be blessed with healthy family and friends and to have a warm bed to sleep in, change in my jars, food in my cupboards, shoes to keep my feet warm and dry, a coat to wear outdoors, safety, soap and a place to use it, and hope. I hope for good things for people and I want to be kind to those around me and those that I don't know but might be able to contribute somehow to help them.
Hope you enjoy these little notes I got from my friend "Joan"-read on.
Under the tree at my house a few years ago-I adore sock monkeys-I think it is that I adore anything old fashioned and sweet.
Who but God could create something so lovely?













I have a good friend named Joan who needs prayer if you would be so kind. She has been my friend for many years and she has a blocked bile duct and they have to go in and do a surgery to bypass this problem which they think may be a tumor as they found A-typical cells. She is a new Grandma with both of her daughters and so excited about this. Her surgery is Dec 23rd. You would love her if you met her, very fun, loves everyone she meets and is an all around great person. I met her in church when she lived here in Spokane and we were both raising young families. I told you we have been friends a long time. This summer her family and our family and others that were friends camped out together and our children brought their children. Boy time goes fast! Thought I would share these letters to God from kids that she shared with me today. They are cute. How nice to think like a child. :0)

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I will definitely put your friend in my prayers.
Love what children say, it is so sweet.

Debbie

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Prayers sent for Joan. Those kids' letters sure brought a smile to my face.

Anonymous said...

Strong thoughts to you Joan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOTS of LOVE LOVE LOVE and a HUGE hug!!!!!! Stephanie

Maree in NC :-) said...

Many prayers for Joan! XOXOXO

Jan Richards said...

I just read your older posts, have been busy wih family and Christmas. I will gladly include your friend in my prayers. I am a 20 year survivor of breast cancer and feel blessed every year the good Lord lets me be here to enjoy family and friends. Wish her well for me. Your blog is always so encouraging to all of us...you are a very positive woman Mary Lou!!!