Friday, December 03, 2010

How About Asking For a Trip to France This Summer?


I HOPE YOU HAVE BEGUN THINKING ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO ASK FOR THIS HOLIDAY SEASON. I HAVE A SUGGESTION THAT IS WONDERFUL! JOIN ME IN SOUTHERN FRANCE FOR A FABULOUS EXPERIENCE AND ONCE SOMETHING YOU WILL REMEMBER YOUR ENTIRE LIFETIME.
I have spoken a bit about going to France this summer and teaching with one of my favorite people -Rosemary Eichorn. She knows so many cool techniques for so many things and I have simply fallen in love with painting on fabric and a little applique and alot of embellishing. The French countryside is the place I expect for my Impressionist self to come out full steam and play with girls who want to visit France in the best way!

Our hostess Beverly Held owns a 17th century home there that is surrounded by wisteria and beauty that only the Southern French light has. If you have not been there before, it is a chance of a lifetime. I yearn to go back to see the sky, the color, the flower (all in bloom at this time-sunflowers and lovely lavendar) and laughing with friends and enjoying the sites, the tastes and creativity whirling all around us. It is such fun to think about Rosemary who is so creative and fun and me and you and well, I am excited that I have the opportunity to go and enjoy all of this.
Take a moment to go here and download this brochure...it is great. http://www.rousset-perigord.org/LPRLibrary/2011/creativesewjourn.shtml
Wouldn't you love to go with your favorite buddy or girlfriend? Or you can come and be friends with us, that is what we are planning to do!

Here is what Beverly (our hostess) wrote-
SCHEDULE
12 July Pick up at Bordeaux Tourist Office at 3:00p.m., private coach transportation to Petit Rousset (this is the name of the place we will be staying-see my right hand side bar
13 July Morning: Guided Visit of Hand Made Paper Mill & visit to nearby chateau
Afternoon: Studio
14 July Morning - Guided Walk in Eymet on Market Day
Afternoon: Studio
Dinner & evening - Bastille Day fireworks in Bergerac
15 July Studio day
16 July Studio day
17 July Morning & Afternoon: Flea Market, Basket Fair & visit to most perfectly preserved bastide (planned town) Monpazier
18 July Studio day
19 July Departure via Chateau de Monbazillac (optional visit) & Bergerac, drop off at 4p.m. Bergerac train station -Drop off is in Bergerac
Cheers Beverly
On Dec 3, 2010, at 4:27 PM, Rosemary Eichorn wrote:
Bonjour sewjourners!
I want you to know how much I’m looking forward to teaching at Petit Rousset in July and hoping that you’ll be able to join us. Mary Lou Weidman and I are planning an adventure in discovery and creative expression while we’re in France. This is going to be an open-ended experience for all of us. Mary Lou and I will be going with you on local excursions and together we’ll be teaching you some great new techniques for taking your ideas and imagery into reality. You might decide to work on a series of small images that you’ll have as a record of your time in the Dordogne. Or you may get involved in one project that you’ll want to further develop while you’re there. Wherever your spirited muse takes you, we’ll be there to support you and to help give you direction in developing your ideas. The whole idea is to practice being open to the experience and the creative urges that present themselves!
Don’t forget that making a decision to join us by January 31st will save you $100! Send your check for $500 soon to save a space, as there’s limited availability. As a travel note, I’m going to be getting travel insurance for this trip. It’s not expensive, and I’ve found that ‘life happens’ and it’s so reassuring to know that I’m covered if needed.
OK, so this is what everyone wrote and so now, if you think you are interested (and I hope you are) please let me or Beverly know you want to be on the list.

And by the way, I am hoping that some of you creative and fun girls are signing up so we can laugh and create in a way that will stretch you and put you on a new journey to creativity road!

Wish I could say that in French!

3 comments:

beth said...

France sounds lovely.....I'll dream away!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a fun trip to be a part of! I hope there are so many people wanting to attend that you will need to add another date!

Carol said...

Using Google Translate, I came up with this French translation:

Et soit dit en passant, j'espère que les filles certains d'entre vous créatif et amusant s'inscrivent afin que nous puissions rire et de créer d'une manière qui vous étirer et vous mettre sur un nouveau voyage à la route de la créativité!

From past experience, this is probably pretty close - it would get the point across - but might raise a few eyebrows with the French teacher at school~
LOL!

bon chance!
hugs or câlins and
Joyeuses fêtes
~Carol