Thursday, January 28, 2010

COLOR IN A STASH AND THREADS THAT SAY IT ALL!



So, I am a color person and in quilts, a colorist. I love bright stashes of lovely fabrics waiting to be made into something happy and fun-here are a couple of stashes from my class

Above is Pat's lovely bobbin case

On top of the table and below

Oh, I love the glow of plaids and light givers in my work-these are samples I show the class

Samples of Hoochy blocks with great colors-the hoochy book also discusses the 7 styles of fabric and how you should add things to your stash you don't use-every stash can always use some improvement. This is how my workshops begin.

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is what I need to do, I have mine by colors. I want to separate the brights from the prims in my stash. I bought a lot of colors that would be great in a fun quilt and a lot with designs that look like textures, so will be fun to make them into something.

Debbie

Em said...

Mary Lou, isn't it amazing when you picture the stack and then the quilt blocks, blow my mind! my favorite is the churndash! Hope CA is good weather for you. Made my first white quilt with dashes of color wonky houses. very fun to try!