Saturday, July 04, 2009

A Gift of Love


So, I think I showed you the angel I painted for a friend who is going through a really sad time and grieving. This painting had messages of friendship, angels, hope and love.
I gave it to my talented friend Mel, who turned it into a pillow and sent it to the person who I think needed it. I thought it might be a nice idea for you to share with someone you love. If you click on the photo, you might be able to read some of the sayings.

A closeup of the things I painted into the angel's dress

This backing fabric that I happened to have on my trip was perfect and hey, what could be better than cheddar fabric for the piping?

7 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Exquisitely detailed and a loving, true treasure of a pillow. Your friend will feel the blessings in every stroke, stitch and heartfelt thought. Lovely!!!

Ann said...

Love, smiles and comfort all in one -

WoolenSails said...

I love! that fabric and sayings. It is a prefect idea for friends who need a lift on those bad days. Now I am going to go check out your store and see if you carry it and what you use to paint with;)

I do have an angel quilt book that I can use for ideas.
And I have one of yours I got at the library this week.

Debbie

Mary said...

What a wonderful painting to give your friend! The sayings are so true.

I just love the way you use color and so do my (adult) kids. They like to get me your books just for fun. Nice kids, right?

Pam said...

I love this pillow MaryLou.. whoever the she is.. she is one lucky gal to receive this from you and I'm sure she will just treasure it.. it will be good to hug too... and all the warm and special thoughts written on it.. will hug her!

Sandi said...

What a wonderful gift to give and share with us all. Thanks for the inspiration to be so creative in all that you do Mary Lou.

I think that you should do some classes and share this technique. I love how you encorporated some quilting designs in the angel's skirt.

Mel did a lovely job finishing off the pillow for you.

Sandi in New Westminster b.C.

Barb said...

That is beautiful. I'm sure she'll cherish it. What a good friend you are.