Friday, September 14, 2012

I am home and It Is Fall!

This photo was taken at a delightful kitchen store in Oregon where the Shakespeare Festival is held.,...I am having a senior moment. Oh thank you Sandi, "yes" it is Ashland. Grants Pass was fabulous too and I took many wonderful photos. I just got home from being gone three weeks and I wanted you to know I am well and wanted to show photos and tell about a fabulous woman I met from Afganistan and what we should know about how lucky we are. We are cetainly blessed. I have to pick up my Granddaughter soon and so I am going to write what I can here and I will do more this week. The dishes abover are McCoy. Wonderful shop. I will post the name of it for you once I settle down and can think....I just got home.
Hot dog, I took a photo of the shop door so you could ask about anything you see here...they had everything one could imagine but as usual I was drawn to the colorful stuff. I had a lovely conversation with a woman who was darling about my age and she had just had a double mastectomy and she had the most delightful attitude and spirit...just happy, uplifting, and friendly....loved her great personality and positive attitude...so NICE to be around fun girls like the ones who worked there. Be a "light" in a world of darkness....I am trying not to read the paper and pretend I am living in a perfect world. Because the quilters and other women and some men I am around are good and happy people. I love that.
The girls who work here are fabulous and friendly...like one of us quilters and they love Pinterest just like us! If you don't do Pinterest, you are missing out on loads of inspiration friend.
Count your blessings today and if you aren't used to doing that "quick name three things you are thankful for and three people"..later on do five and ten is my most favorite every single day and I don't repeat...it streteches you and makes you happy and grateful and full of creativity! I will be adding things here about my Hawaii trip with my nice husband and also please check out my blog called "Mary Lou and Whimsy Too" and I will be putting different things on there to ahare also. I am thankful for YOU and I am really thankful for comments friends....

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Hi Marylou, are you thinking about Ashland?

It is a lovely town I like the shop called Quiltz there, looking forward to seeing what your students created at this class.

Catskill Quilter said...

Loved this post, Mary Lou! I also loved the colorful, happy kitchen treasures - what a fabulous store! I sure wish it was in Florida...