Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tastes and Smell of Hawaii you can do at home like me on Monday night



So, I am trying to eat more vegeatable and fruits and fish in my diet. I bought a head of cabbage, some black beans, non-fat sour cream and some halibut. I am going to make the salsa below and put this all in some soft, warm tortillas for dinner.
Pineapple Salsa for Fish or Pork or Sandwiches or?
2 c. Pineapple (You can use fresh or canned crushed
2 Tbsp. Minced onion
2 Tbsp. Chopped jalapeno (I go easy on this)
1/4 c. Minced cilantro
1/4 c. Lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I have a recipe like that, still haven't tried it.
I love using cilantro, need to get a herb garden growing again.

Debbie

Carol said...

I'm reading this on my break at work and my mouth is drooling! I love the sound of your tortilla filled with grilled halibut and pineapple salsa with a little sour cream and some shredded cabbage - I think a stop at the grocery store for tortillas, halibut, limes, jalapeno and cilantro on the way home today is in my future - yum!

Maree in NC :-) said...

Pineapple salsa - YUM! :~D