Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Friend Linda's Sugar cookies are the BEST in the world-try this recipe!



I am visual and while I want you to see this wonderful recipe from my friend Linda Pederson who has a quilt in my new book, I wanted to show some photos I took in Germany when I was there at Christmas time. Such a wonderful country and people and Germany is THE Christmas place for sure!

Linda's Fabulous Vanilla Sugar Cookies

1 cup butter
2 Tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup

Cream the above ingredients together. Add 2 c. flour, 2 tbsp vanilla sugar and 1 tsp baking soda. Roll into 4 logs the size of a nickel, shorter than the cookie sheet, two logs per cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 20 min or until golden brown. Slice on the bias. Let cool before separating.
Our yourself a cup of tea and enjoy-better yet, have a friend come over and enjoy them together.

4 comments:

Maree in NC :-) said...

Yum! Christmastime is the BEST! :~D

WoolenSails said...

That happy face cookie is such fun and those German goodies look so delicious.

Debbie

Carol said...

Those sound wonderful! I want to make them but shere can I find vanilla sugar?

Mary Lou Weidman said...

These cookies are better than wonderful. Ask your local store where they have the vanilla sugar-most stores carry it where the baking things are. You just haven't noticed because you didn't use it before-you will LOVE these cookies!