Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Bloppers on her feet-a family story ....


It is always fun when someone sends me a photo of a story quilt they did. This is a quilt from Laura Taylor and here is what she wrote me.....
"my girls came running in one day with socks half off their feet shouting, "Look Mommy! Daddy! I have bloppers!!" Upon further discussion, Abby said, "You know, bloppers. The things you wear in the ocean to swim... On your feet..." She has now since learned that those things are called flippers. She wants me to change the name of the quilt to the flippers quilt. But no, it is the "bloppers quilt" and that's just how it is."
I think bloppers is far more interesting than flippers and this will be a family memory for them. Isn't that a fun idea?!

1 comment:

Linzee said...

Congrats to Molly on her big win!