Monday, November 02, 2009

SOMETIMES IT IS ALL ABOUT CHOOSING THE RIGHT FABRICS


De Ado;ph was with us for the last friendship retreat I attended at her best friend Sue's house and sewing house (yes two houses). She chose this great parot fabric to do a stack quilt with. Aren't these blocks fun and interesting and look at the smiles on the faces of the two best friends. LOVELY.







And up close. Now how can I work this type of thing into story quilts? I don't know.
I was hooked on these stack blocks for about a year and I kept buying more fabric to see what happened when I cut it up. I was a fabric manufacturers dream. I never did finish a quilt but I had boxes of blocks. Haha. Gave them away to a group that sewed blocks together, dyed them and made quilts to trade. A great idea for unfinished projects. :0)

1 comment:

Rebecka said...

Love the fabric and the blocks. Very cool!