Saturday, March 29, 2008

Off to Asilomar-hope to use my laptop for stories from the road-thankful for my many blessings....


Above is my garden last summer. Lush and beautiful and peaceful.
Below is my garden today as I prepare to go to Asilomar to teach for two weeks.
Emptyspooslseminars.com
I know it won't be really warm there (in the 50's) but gee, there won't be any snow and they will have some flowers coming up too. :0) I hope to come home to my tulips coming out as they are up and shivering. Haha.
I hope you have a lovely two weeks and count your many blessings for the gifts that you have...a warm bed, food in the cupboard, people that love you, quilting friends,a roof over your head. Take time to think about all of the nice things we all take forgranted each day. We are so very lucky in so many ways and don't even know it.

I am almost packed and off on my plane to California. I will be taking lots of pictures and will have lots of new things to tell you when I get home. It will be fun to hear the stories of the people (50) who take these classes.



5 comments:

Sandi said...

What wonderful pictures of last year and now this morning. I hope you have fun in California and don't get too sore from laughing.

I love your pin and your purse. They red egg cups are so cute. These swaps are so much fun to put together. I have to get working on my beads.

Enjoy life and laughter!
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

CONNIE W said...

ENJOY!!!

BugnLVoe said...

"count your many blessings for the gifts that you have...a warm bed, food in the cupboard, people that love you, quilting friends,a roof over your head. Take time to think about all of the nice things we all take forgranted each day. We are so very lucky in so many ways and don't even know it."

AMEN to that! :-)
Have a wonderful time.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mary Lou for a wonderful week at Asilomar! I returned to work today, refreshed and relaxed after a joyous week of creativity, friendship, and laughter!

Art IS everywhere! Thanks for reminding me! Inspire us with your life!

I am responsible for my own joy, but am so glad that I have your blog to inspire that!

Ginger

Reena said...

I'm greatful for you MaryLou and your wonderful blog to look at... and laff at! Let My People Go- what a riot!!! Some Christian people can be so stuffy and serious- Glad you are the other kind-Enjoy the wonderful sea air and California sunshine!
Reena SD CA