Tuesday, March 11, 2008

FUN THINGS AND HAPPY COLORFUL BLOCKS


CAN YOU GET ANY IMAGE QUITE AS WONDERFUL AS PAUL NEWMAN'S BLUE EYES?

I taught at TennesseeQuilts.com and here are some of the fun samples from the Flower Power class. All of these blocks in a quilt are quite whimsical and wonderful. Tennessee Quilts is a great place to teach because they have 8000 bolts of fabric and everyone of them is on their website.


Linda on the left owns Tennesee Quilts with here Sister in law Brenda. Here is the butterfly she made and a darling flower to go along with it....if she can talk her friend out of it. :0)

Is there anything more fun than Kaffe fabrics and Flower Power blocks?

Here is Charlotte with her samples of a great beginning to a fun Flower Power quilt!
Tennessee Quilts carries alot of my fabric and some that is hard to get any longer.


Just wanted to share this image from the theme fabric on my website. We ordered the last two bolts of this on black from benartex. This fabric brings smiles to your work. This is an artist trading card that Brenda made.

I took this photo of my friend jackie at Quilting Adventures. We just ordered new spring socks and will have them on our website soon. I will give you a preview here first. We still have a nice variety of socks to keep your feet warm. It is too cold here for sandels yet.

I am posting this photo here of me in front of my Feather Tree pattern. It is available on my website. One of the ladies I met made a quilt with all of the crazy birds in this pattern and she made up her own tree, it was wonderful. Marylouquiltdesigns.com


When I was in TN, it was sunny and raining. My Canadian Grandmother used to say "it's a monkey's birthday." I love that. Here is the perfect latte for days like that.


Here is something to give you the giggles before you go and do whatever chores are in front of you. Work is always easier if you can smile.
Happy Day friends.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Hi Mary Lou,

Thanks for sharing the great photos once again. I hope to make some flower power blocks this summer. Right now I've just got too much on my plate.

The ladies all look like they had great fun with you in TN.

Take care,
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.