Sunday, May 13, 2012

Want to Take my Asilomar Class at a Discount?

Dear Mary Lou, I am registered to take your class at Empty Spools Seminars on May 27-June 1, 2012. This is the first time I have done anything like this and I have been very excited about it. My quilting girlfriend and I booked our classes a year ago, and I have been anxiously waiting for this new quilting experience. I have your Hoochy MaMa book and have been thinking about what fabrics I will bring and what my quilt will look like. However, three weeks ago my husband had a stroke. He is home recovering and doing remarkably well. His stroke affected his left side and balance, but that has improved considerably. We are very lucky; it could have been so much worse. I cannot possibly leave him alone for a full week, which would be the case since I live in San Diego. I have talked to Susan at Empty Spools and she told me I could transfer my reservation to someone else. I have tried desperately to sell/transfer my reservation (at a discount) to quilt shops, quilt guilds, Quilters, and Quilterznooz online community, with no luck. Unfortunately I didn't purchase the insurance, which was a huge mistake. I know there is nothing you can do about this. I just wanted you to know why I will not be in your class. And if you have any quilting friends who would like to take your class at a big discount please pass my email address on to them. Most sincerely, Diane Troncale diquilts@san.rr.com emptyspoolsseminars.com for info on the dates and class description

No comments: