Wednesday, May 16, 2012

AS Rosanna Rosanna Dana says "It is always something....

So a long time ago a woman from Canada gave me a twenty dollar bill. I sent her a Flower Power book, I got a letter from her that she didn't get it and I sent it again. I realize now I put an L where I could have put an I in the zip code... So then I started getting angry letters from her husband. I couldn't believe it essentially because why wouldn't I want to please her and if she knew me she would know I would want her to be happy. So this week I sent her a new book and her twenty dollars. Today I get this letter from her husband. I can't believe this guy is threatening me over a twenty dollar book. he writes YOU ARE IN THE WRONG HERE FOR NOT PROVIDING ANY KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. I intend to do everything I can to make your current customers (if you have any left) and any potential customers aware of how shoddy your business is. I work in a very specialized area of internet I.T. ….. don't be surprised if you have a disruption in your website service REAL SOON if I don't receive a check for $25.50 + an apology. -------------------------------------------------- Now I ask you, if you were me what would you do? By the way, my Mother was Canadian as was my Grandparents and my cousins. Normally I think Canadians are the most respectful and kind people in the world...this guy must be from somewhere else.... My husband is amused that the guy is so involved with this and has time to send threats and hate letters... And may I wish the rest of you NICE people a happy day full of things to give thanks for...I am thankful for my husband, good friends, happy people, kind people, my Grandkids and you nice people who are my customers....I don't mind losing mean people as customers because essentially there aren't that many mean quilters, unless maybe their husband's are mean maybe. :0) Thank you so much for your nice comments to me which made me happy today. I can hardly believe it but I got another letter from this guy today.....went on and on. I contacted my attorney and my web people and everyone suggests I send his letter to the Sheriff here and the FBI. I plan to do just that...it is scary to be threatened. This is why when an order gets messed up, I like to deal with the quilter. I WANT to make people happy...that is my total goal.... AND by the way, I am certainly aware that Canadians do not act this way. I didn't mention that my son in law and my Granddaughter are Canadian did I? Over half my family is Canadian and I don't know any of them that would ever threaten anyone.....ever. That is so UN Canadian like.....I am planning on having a good week and trying to forget all of this and am hoping that I am safe and my website and blogs too...the next post you see will be next week about my class in Idaho Falls at the southern tip of Idaho....nice gals there!

18 comments:

Sharon B said...

How awful! Your customer service is wonderful. Too bad the postal service didn't send back the other books - wonder who got them?

YankeeQuilter said...

Sometimes the internet is a very scary place....

Patty ♣ said...

YIPES!!!!!!!!!
How nice of you to send a book and her original $$ back! I have made a mistake in an address before, a couple times. Hopefully this man will calm down and be embarrassed with his remarks. His threats are so uncalled for! I hope your day is nicer from now on!

Anonymous said...

I want to beat him up for you. Don't worry! We love you and you'll never lose your good friends.

Heather said...

As a Canadian I would guess that he is from somewhere in space. As to what I would do? I would write him a cease and desist letter with the promise of forwarding the letters to the authorities and filing harassment and stalking charges. That is insane! An honest mistake totally made right. If he does disrupt your service see if you can figure out where he works and report him, in fact, I would probably report him anyway for threatening to use his position at that company in such a way.

Wow, just wow. All Canadians are NOT like that guy, he should be ashamed of himself!

Marlynne said...

I'm sorry you had to experience this unkindness! We know you are honest and kind & did not mean to do anything wrong. Hopefully the man will settle down and except it as a honest mistake!

Carol said...

No, this woman most certainly has no clue what type of person you are. After the workshop with you, I know you make great effort to help and teach quilters in whatever way you can and according to their needs. Why in the world would you not want her to be happy? You want everyone to be happy! So sorry for this incident and hope you can put this behind you (tho hurts can take a while) and carry on with your positive encouraging attitude.

Carole Kurth said...

oh Mary Lou,
I am so sorry for what you are challenged by.

This sounds like something that happened at my local quilt shop. A customer wanted a quilt made, as a memorial gift for a family member, but was vague about the directions, and it turned out to be like the tin-can telephone game or 'Gossip'--as the artist tried to work w/ the customer who wasn't sure what she wanted, the design kept changing, and the original fabrics got smaller. other artists tried to help--the customer was more confused, and it was a huge mess.

Everyone's hearts were in the right spot, but sometimes it just doesn't click.

Is there a way to send it registered mail--so they have to sign to get it? I don't have wise counsel, just a little voice to say, "I'm sorry, I know what you're going through, and hopefully, they'll all be re-routed and show up at the house on the SAME DAY!!"

MB in MI said...

95% of the people are nice--it's the 5% that causes all the trouble! I hope you never hear anymore from him/them!!

Linda R. said...

Some people are very scary! Don't let him bother you. I think you are wonderful and talented! Someday I hope to be able to take one of your workshops.

Deborah said...

As a Canadian I must say I am sorry for the hassle this must be to you! It think that Canadians, like people all over the world, are generally nice people but there is always a few rotten apples in the bunch.

folksmith said...

sounds to me like this guy needs to take a chill pill. you've done everything you could do expect walk it over the board and hand it to her.

Allie said...

You have got to be kidding - this guy is a nut job, lol! I wouldn't worry about it, you did what you should have. Canadian postal codes ARE difficult to read sometimes, lol...sorry this happened to you, Mary Lou!

Aunt Mary said...

Mary Lou, I'm so sorry you have this going on. Sometimes you just can't win. I'm with your husband, who has time to get sooooo worked up over that ammount of $. Sounds like he's the guy on the freeway that shoots people that cut him off. Sounds to me you have done all you can. Now you have to let it go. Unless! he doesn't, Then, you better get the authorities on him. Love you!!!! Carrol

Sandi said...

The best answer is hopefully all the books will arrive along with the money and he will have some explaining to do I'm sure.

Know that we are all very supportive of you and know that we believe in your love and honesty.

Carol Simpson said...

If I lived next door I'd come over and give you a hug. Let it go......your newest Carol cat friend in San Diego

suz said...

Wow - this "I.T" guy needs to get outside, into the fresh air! Things happen...good grief! Once you pop your package in the mail, you lose control. You've been more than fair and I'm glad you are taking proper steps. Bullys are bullys, no matter how old they are. All I can think of is...his poor wife! I have a theory about men like him - small appendages, that's all I'm saying!

Terry van der Est said...

Canada Post is a joke. If you don't have the postal code letter and number perfect they won't deliver your mail, even though you have the full house address on it. They won't budge an inch.