Saturday, April 18, 2009

Wow, what a week for Mary Lou

Well, first of all I took my Mother to emergency because things didn't seem right and she had surgery yesterday morning. She needed 8 units of blood before she could go in. She had been hemoraging for who knows how long and then they found a tear in her larger intestine and lots of infection etc. She has a colostomy now for who knows how long. I spoke to her today and she is still confused and keeps forgetting she has had surgery. But she is a trooper, has rose in her cheeks again and I feel so blessed to have her here with us. When the surgeon came in right before surgery, he shook her hand and said "I will see you in surgery in about ten minutes." As he started to walk out, she said "Doctor, warm your hands up will you?"
Haha. Anyway, today I give thanks for God's many blessings for our family and for myself!
I judged the Idaho/Spokane quilt show and wow, there are wonderful quilts in the show. It was hard. So many good quilts in all styles! I probably won't attend today (I attended the banquet last night for 2 hours) but I will certainly be there tomorrow to see what all is there and to see who gets the raffle quilt! What fun.
In between of all of this I am working on some new samples for quilts and have a couple of good friends doing some NEW and wonderful hoochy samples for Market and for me to teach soon. I am still excited about doing new things and loving quilting and sewing!
I have my new book here and am making a few small changes....wait until you see it, it is wonderful with tons of color and creativity ideas for anyone who wants to stretch.
I can't wait until October.
Hope your day is happy, stay tuned for photos of the quilt show here to inspire you!
Love,
Mary Lou

6 comments:

Sandi said...

Mary Lou,

I'm glad to hear your mom is doing well and that you were able to get to the quilt show banquet and will attend part of tomorrow's celebrations.

Thinking of your mom and you.

Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

Pam said...

wow.. your mom is a trooper!! glad to hear the surgery went well.... you have had a busy week!!

PamKittyMorning said...

I'll be thinking about you and your mom! xo

Rebecka said...

Mary Lou,
So sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she recovers soon.

Sandy said...

Prayers for your moms speedy recovery and prayers for you also. Here's hoping this week goes smoother for you and your family.

Carol said...

Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way!

hugs,
Carol