Tuesday, August 30, 2011

SUPER SALAD for SUMMER


The photo above was taken before we added the good stuff....I was too excited to eat when it was time to take the last photo........sorry- Note-YOU need a much bigger bowl than this-we switched bowls three times and we ate this for three days-it kept well with wrap over it at night!
I love making salads in the summertime and this salad was a good one.
One nice bunch spinich
some crisp romaine
2 cobs of fresh corn cut off the cob
1 cup frozen peas that have been thawed
celery for crunch
one can garbonzo beans
one can dark kidney beans
a nice addition of some leaves of fresh basil cut finely
2 ripe pears cubed
dry cranberries
slivered almonds (a small package)
Optional: I had a bowl of gargonzola cheese to add if you wanted and I cooked three beets until done (cooled them) and cubed them in a bowl alone and added some salt and some balsamic to them. We added them to the salad and didn't need dressing although you may want to add your choice of some kind of dressing.
This salad with some good frech bread was lovely for dinner.
NOTE- my daughter in law added some tuna to her salad for more protein. I think the beans and vegies are enough.
Yum!

3 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Sounds Yummy to me!

WoolenSails said...

I love eating fresh vegetables in the summer, that salad looks good. I am eating beans a lot, grew way to many, but they are good and healthy, so enjoying them while I can.

Debbie

Sandi said...

That salad sounds and looks amazing. I'm getting together with friends on Friday and may have to bring it to share.

Thanks for sharing.