Sunday, October 12, 2008

Regina Muli sent me this good recipe-it's a perfect time of year to try these and I would frost them with white icing

MISS AUNT REGGIES RED VELVET COOKIES
1 BOX RED VELVET CAKE MIX
1/2 CUP SUGAR
2 CUPS QUICK COOKING OATS
3 EGGS
1 1/2 TSP VANILLA
3/4 CUPS OIL
1 CUP WALNUTS
MIX ALL TOGETHER
USE COOKIE SCOOP
BAKE ON UNGREASED COOKIE SHEET,
BAKE 350 DEGREES 16-18 MINUTES IF YOU USED SCOOP
I ALWAYS DOUBLE THIS, SINCE USING THE SCOOP ONE RECIPE
MAKES ABOUT 25 COOKIES
Mary Lou's Frosting of:
Icing sugar (2 cups), real butter-2/3 cup, add cream until right consistancy of frosting ,then add vanilla (about 1 teaspoon) If this needs more sugar then add until it is right-this is how Mary Lou's cooks and bakes :0)
NOTE- this recipe did not call for frosting but I have found that when it comes to chocolate, I like to soften the taste with white icing, maybe this came from my childhood, I am not sure

No comments: