Thursday, May 15, 2008

PLANTING A BOTTLE TREE PUTS COLOR IN YOUR WORLD AND PROTECTS YOU FROM EVIL SPIRITS TOO





I have had a lovely bottle tree in my yard for four years and in my last house I had several bottle trees out in my garden to trap the evil spirits (an African legend) and provide beautiful color to my yard. Now I am on a mission to find small blue bottles to get more color and fun out there. Remember all of those cute little blue bottles people sell at thrift stores? And where are the red and purple bottles? I can't seem to get enough beautiful color in my life.


Happy Autumn. :0)

Large or small old trees make great bottle trees.




Great perspctive here...though I would not want to live with the man that did this to his yard.

For a great bottle tree in California, scroll down.

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Cool tree Mary Lou, was it a cedar tree that died? The branches hold the bottles so nicely.

You could put fun Easter colours and red white and blue for July 4th....and...and...and..!

Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

Joyce said...

Ohmy Mary Lou~ I have to say, I have never heard of bottle trees, but they are pretty! Am enjoying your sweet blog too!

Karen in Tucson said...

Hi Mary Lou,
I check your blog daily and sometimes twice a day!! Thank you for sharing all of your great photos.

Love the bottle trees. I used to have a "bottle brush" tree but not a bottle tree. Think my daughters need to put some in their yards.
Karen in Tucson

Rhondi said...

Hi Mary Lou
I haven't been by to visit in awhile. I love bottle trees. In our previous house I had one (it was more a bush than a tree)and my great nieces who were about 4 at the time really thought the bottles grew there.
I need to have one again here, but don't have any suitable dead tree. Come to think of it ther is a dead tree trunk. Maybe I can just put large nails in it and attach the bottle to the trunk!
Hopw you are havig a great weekend.
Hugs, Rhondi