Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hoochy Samples from Arkansas Workshops

Visiting Arkansas for the first time was wonderful. Green and sunny and happy. Little Rock is a beautiful city with it's state capital building shining and standing out. People there are very Southern, polite and fun (have great senses of humor). I was only sorry I did not have a day to see the sites and look for folk art. I came home with no souvenier of the city itself. Hopefully I will make it back before I retire. The girls caught on to Hoochy Mama blocks fast and many students made fabulous neighborhood blocks of houses and trees and even pianos. :-) Great FUN for me and them too. The Retreat was great and people got into the Island themes.



These samples started out as Christmas Hoochy Mama blocks. Happy aren't they?

The beauty that only LIME green can bring to blocks. Isn't this pretty?

Playing with sizes of Hoochy Mama and in colors that are popular in home dec. today.

Pretty in pink. Thiese blocks are going to be in a darling and happy Baby Quilt.

A happy quilter with the beginning of her Hoochy Mama quilt. Isn't this fun? Note the Island theme.







No comments: